Friday, August 8, 2008

Popsicles!


Just a quick post to show these popsicles I've been working on.  They will be made into necklace pendants.  I think they are slightly too big for earrings but maybe I'll try that one time.  You can see that I took one of them out of the mold too soon and it looks like a melted popsicle - which I actually really like and might have to recreate.  They are made out of resin (of course - it is my fav medium) and the popsicle stick I made by sawing up popsicle sticks into tiny ones and sanding the edges to be round.  Then I drill a hole which will be the hole for the pendant finding.  The whole thing takes quite a bit longer to make than you might expect.  It's especially hard to get the stick in the middle of the mold properly.

CRAFTWERK is next Thursday 14th August back at St Kevin's Arcade from 6pm-9pm. Yay!  

I am pretty much dedicating my weekend to making stuff.  I also have 2 assignments due in a week which should be interesting! Weeeee...


1 comment:

Bronwyn Mason said...

Cool! And labour-intensive! The melty one looks delish.
See you at Craftwerk!