Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Excitement

Kraftbomb was great! Yay for crafty awesomeness.  We had some new bones earrings (cast from some bone lollies I bought at the dairy down the road). I also ate waaaay too much cake despite Charles trying hard to be my healthy conscience.  I didn't manage to get back to City's stall to get one of her delicious cupcakes though, but there's always next time! 

I am now excited about doing some baking soon myself.  It's Charles' birthday soon and I'm soooooo excited. I love his birthdays because it gives me a chance to spoil him rotten and buy him presents and make things for him. Most of the year I resist this, although he does get the occasional present from places like the $3 Japan store when I can't help myself.  So last year I surprised him by baking a super awesome carrot cake (his fav flavour). I'm not sure I'd ever baked for him before. It was such an awesome recipe that I decided to make it again this year, AND make carrot cupcakes with the same mixture because the recipe makes a really big mix.

It's a Jamie Oliver recipe and I HIGHLY recommend it. You can find it here you want to try it.
I recommend being very careful with how much juice you put in the icing because I put too much in then had to add heaps more cream cheese and icing sugar which meant I had enough icing for 3 cakes. You can always add more later!

It's a really nice moist cake that's light but moist and not too sweet (hey, I love sweet food but some carrot cakes do get a bit much).

I'll let y'all know how it goes. With photos. I hope. Thinking of buying a new camera. Weeeee!

Oh... and I really want these.

No comments: